Monday, October 24, 2011

Update on my Update

Unfortunately I was unable to go on my much anticipated ghost tour. After mishap after mishap and three failed attempts to catch three separate ghost tours we called it a night and made plans to go next week. Granted it won't be the Park City ghost tour, but the Salt Lake ghost tour again. But at least I've had great success collecting evidence on this tour so I'm excited to give it another go. Fingers crossed! In my lack of paranormal tourism, I went looking at fan photos on the Ghost Adventures Facebook page to try and get my fix. This is something I like to do in my spare time. One day I hope to get the guts to post my pictures on there...but that's for another post. I've learned quite a bit over the course of looking at other's pictures and I have to say-no one knows what paranormal looks like! (This post took a random turn.) 90% of the photos on that site are of "orbs". From my understanding and research a paranormal orb had it's own light and isn't transparent. Dust is often mistaken for orbs and I'm sick of seeing pictures of dust particles trying to be passed off as spirits. What's even worse is the attitude people have when an opposing point of view is stated. I've captured things that I really thought were paranormal but people have pointed out that they weren't. I didn't cuss up a storm or get defensive. It's not personal when your photos are debunked! It's part of the investigator's gig, without debunking the field would go nowhere and photographers would think every picture with lens flare is a ghost. I understand how desperately some people want to capture something and it makes it that much harder to catch legitimate evidence but it makes it so much more exciting and rewarding when something is actually captured!

No comments:

Post a Comment